Monday, January 25, 2010

A Fine Feathered Friend


As I drove into work this morning, I noticed the parking lot was rather full, and had to park down near the end.  When I got down there and saw this amazing animal, I was hoping it would let me park and pull out my camera.  I was able to squeeze a few shots off before he/she took off.  I would love to know what kind of bird of prey this was.  It didn't quite look like the Red-tailed Hawks I usually see.

*Update 1\27\10*
I stopped by the Eaton Canyon Nature Center today during lunch and found out the name of the bird.  It's a Sharp-Shinned Hawk.  I guess their eyes really are red. Pretty freaky looking.

1 comment:

  1. The white nape, grey wings, brown striped breast and striped dorsal tail feathers make me think that it a sharp-shinned hawk; it is rather big though.

    ReplyDelete