Monday, January 4, 2010

They Took It From Me...


About two years ago someone bought the lot next to where I work, took out the radio towers, and starting building a gated community.  When this first started, I had mixed feelings.  The lot wasn't very taken care of.  Because it was below street level, people would throw their trash down there, the only plants growing were weeds, and some kids built dirt ramps in one of the lower corners.  I also enjoyed watching the huge earth-moving trucks as they leveled out the lot to start building.  But at the same time, I loved sitting in my car at lunch and watching the Red-tailed Hawks fly over and sit on the guy-wires, looking for their lunch.

Now all my feelings are for having the lot back.  The person who bought the property must have lost a lot of money in developing it; and I hope they did.  There are still two ugly empty slabs of concrete, maybe an empty house or two, and no landscaping except for 10 feet of lawn in the front, and a couple Bougainvilleas and Cypress' across the back wall, 20 feet behind the houses.  I think the entire plot for the houses are 50' by 100'.  Why someone would pay $1 million for a house that looks the same as all the others and has no yard is beyond me.

I want my amazing sunsets back!

No comments:

Post a Comment